Workplace Violence Prevention Symposium 2017 has concluded!
Thank you to all of our attendees for coming to Workplace Violence Prevention Symposium 2017, the nation’s leading workplace violence prevention conference. This year's event featured an all-new agenda outlining tactical strategies for reducing the risk of security breaches, workplace violence, and legal liabilities through powerful keynotes, substantive breakout sessions, and skills-building workshops.
Workplace Violence Prevention Symposium 2017 covered:
- Managing real-life situations and address employer responsibilities under OSHA's General Duty Clause
- Developing comprehensive workplace violence prevention plans including policies, recordkeeping, and response strategies
- De-escalating and minimize violent outbursts
- Reducing security risks in your workplace--across all work sites
- Screening new hires using integrity and personality tests (legally)
- Understanding your potential legal obligations under ADA, FMLA, and other laws concerning mental health issues
- Mitigating the risks of workplace violence related to intimate partner violence
- Defusing active shooter incidents using proven table-top exercises
Stay tuned for next year in Orlando!
Stay tuned for 2018!
It's Conference Time! Stay tuned for 2018!
This program has been pre-approved for 10.5 recertification credit hours through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
BLR is recognized by SHRM to offer 10.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.
Testimonials from Recent BLR Safety Conferences
One of the Best
“Conference content, location and speakers were excellent. One of the best safety conferences I have attended.”
Hai Ngo, Sr. Manager Food and Sanitation | Save Mart Supermarkets
Improved Employee Communication
“I have been able to think differently on how to communicate safety to employees using their core values and not just OSHA regulation.”
Adenike Ahmen, EHS Supervisor/Project Manager | Supreme Oil
“Simply great! The APP was outstanding and I really benefited from it.”
Keith Rogers, FAA Academy Occupational Safety and Health Manager | Department of Transportation/FAA
Making a More Productive Work Environment
“I've gained a lot of insight and information that I can take back to my company to make our work environment more productive and safe!”
Melody Chen, EHS Engineer | Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics